bed extender lock?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love one

Reaction score
Is there a lock available for the bed extender? When I don't have the tonneau on, I always worry the bed extender will get stolen.

Or am I just paraniod? :unsure:

It can and does happen...

There is a middle rib that you can buy and install... It is on rusty's site.. I bought 2 to be safe... I think they are 12 bucks....

I also installed Air bag theft locks and a power tailgate lock as well....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
The power tailgate lock should be standard. I love mine on my '03 and when I get my '07 will be installing one on that too! That way you know the entire truck is always secure.

Yeah, Jeff, I echo the praise of the power tailgate lock...but with the tonneau cover off as love one said, you can still get to the extender, no?

TJR

Yes, you can, BUT if you have the extender locks you cant get it off IF the tailgate is LOCKED,,,

IF the tailgate is NOT locked, they open the tailgate, swing out the extender, and lift off...

Todd Z

I purchased a large keyed cable lock that goes thru the bed extender and the interior cargo tie down. I also run it thru a very expensive compact ladder on the occasion when it is laying in the bed. Works perfectly and available at any department store with automotive or sporting goods.

Thanks for the clarification, ToddZ. I was trying to remember if without the extender locks one could get the extender off with the tailgate locked. I couldn't remember, that's why I asked the question.

I see several ST's without t-covers and hear about people wanting to buy them, and I wonder "why" and "how". I say that because I have never seen an ST on a lot for sale, new, without one.

TJR