Bed Extender Locking Clips

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Withers

Reaction score
Does anyone have the part # for the metal clips that "lock" the bed extender to the pivot pins/bolts? I failed to notice that both clips were missing at purchase (garage sale). I did a forum search and found the same question but no part #'s were given in the response.

As always, any and all responses are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chad

Wow, thanks for the quick responses, and Regal is correct - I'm looking for the springy metal clips that attach near the U-channel that form a "lock" on the pivot bolt and keep the extender from falling off when I flip it over.

Thanks again!

Chad

I am looking for the same part for my bed extender. I got my bed extender from someone at work and I had trouble installing it. I had to buy the pivot bolt. Now I am having problems with it falling off when I flipt it.

You can't just buy the metal clip, the whole assembly (plastic part that connects and holds all three horizontal tubes) needs to be replaced. I just replaced the part for my ranger's bed extender and found the information on another member's profile here. I'll try to find it again and post it if I do...

Chad, the information is in Cajun's profile, he was kind enough to post the information off of his service CD, I believe this the is the part you need, *1L5Z-99286B24-AA SUPPORT (F-150 & Sport Trac)* If you take a look at his library and check out bedextender.pdf, it gives the information and a sketch. good luck