Bed extender mounting studs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey sold my bed extender but the guy has no mounting studs in his bed. just the holes. where can you get these on the cheap? and do they mount through the tail light?

Thanks

Poman out!

No the bolts do not mount through the tail lights, they just screw into the holes you see. To get the bolts I would suggest contacting our sponsor, fastpartsnetwork.com. Torrie should have them available. They are called pivot pins btw. :)

Well... actually I saw the holes but they metal lined but are not threaded. Thats why I thought they have a backing nut that i would have to go through the tail light to get to.:banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere here that the pivot pins are self threading.

I'm curious - did you not have the pivot pins with the extender?

I just used striker bolts from a Ford pickup tailgate. About $8 ea at any parts store, or $1 at the salvage yard. The bolts will self thread the holes. I did one that way, but bought a tap for the other side. Using the tap was much easier. You can buy individual taps - don't have to buy a full set. The tap I bought wasn't compatible with the handle from the tap and die set I have, so I just used vice grips for a handle.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1333112&sitename=mysporttrac

I just need the knob that is threaded onto the pin to hold the extender either inside the bed or in the "extended" position. They are about 2" in diameter, black with a little white detail on the knob. Any ideas or would it be easier to manufacter maybe a wooden one on a lathe? If so then the thread of that pin would be helpful.

Latest posts