Bed outlet

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk Risseler

Reaction score
Went camping this past weekend and wanted to use the bed outlet for my 12v fridge/cooler and it didn't work. The inside ones do work. What could be wrong??

Thanks,

-Kirk

I use it all the time when i go camping, but I use it for a radio and small stuff like that. I think the fridge might draw to much current..

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Get something to test it with (I used my cell charger - has a red led light when working). In my case, the hot wire was pulled out from the plug. I removed the casing around the plug and jammed it back in (testing before I put all the screws back).

Good luck!

I use it all the time when i go camping, but I use it for a radio and small stuff like that. I think the fridge might draw to much current..

Nope, Fridge/cooler works just fine in the back of the ST, I had two STs and I ran a cooler in the back of both of them for numerous years, no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a amplifier just for that plug.... When I go tailgating I use it for my blender... nothing like a trac made margarita! :)

Thanks everyone! I will take it apart and check the wires.

I used this same fridge in my '97 X and it worked great, didn't draw too much to blow any fuses.

Thanks again.