Been a while, so, THANKS Rich Stern!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Thank you again for all your time and effort !!!!!!!!

Todd Z

If he charged for membership he could have retired already!...Don't get any ideas!...I've been here awhile now, but not from the beginning...Hey Rich, how about the "how it all began" back story...I'd love to hear it!:)

Hey Rich, how about the "how it all began" back story...I'd love to hear it!

There are two versions of this story.

One begins, "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth...", while the other starts out with "About 13 billion years ago, there was an explosion..." Regardless of which version you subscribe to, we can probably agree that the Sport Trac Web Site is mankind's greatest triumph. :) :unsure:

Actually, the truth is a little less exciting. Six years ago, I was teaching myself web development. The first web site I created was NitroOwners.com (sister site to this site). I was actually hosting it via my 2mb AOL member space and using some third party hosted message board.

Late summer 2000, I wanted a pickup truck to tow my bass boat, among other chores, but I needed something I could take to IT consulting jobs, drive clients to lunch, etc. The 2001 ST had just come on the scene and was the perfect blend of functionaltiy for what I needed. This was in the days before crew cab pickups. I couldn't find much online info. Message boards were fledgling in those days. So I took my Nitro Owners web site code and turned it into the ST web site.

We had a meet shortly thereafter, six of us, in freezing rain at a Ryans in Duluth, GA.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Thanks for saying thanks, folks. It's been my pleasure to host this site over the years. It has ups and downs with occassional troublemakers and/or technical problems, but I geniunely admire and like 99% of the folks who pass on through here. I have learned much from many. I wish I had more time to invest in the site at the moment, but I am committed to keeping it going and improving it as time allows.

I want to add my thanks too. I would not have enjoyed driving my two different STs as much without the knowledge I learned here, and without the friends I have made. It is a testament to the site that many former owners still cling to the web site, even years after they sold their ST.

I hope the site continues for many years to come. :wub:

If I'm correct, next month will be the MYST site's 5th anniversary so happy anniversary Rich! :)

Thanks from me also. I found the site looking for aftermarket parts when I bought my ST. Just did a general search for "sport trac" and there it was big as life, softly calling my name. As they say, the rest is history, and so was all my extra money.:lol:;)

Latest posts