before and after

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Ziadie

Reaction score
Well, I finally finished painting my cladding!!!!! What a difference it makes! I follwed the member project using the DupliColor bumper paint. For the step rails, I sprayed them using the DupliColor Truck Bed coating. It gave them a nice textured finish and I'm very impressed with the way it turned out. Thank you to all who helped me out with this project! Take a look at my before and after photos below! Now it's on to my next project.....

Before:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

After:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOOKS GREAT, Good work !!! :cool:

Todd Z

well, since I'm a perfectionist and way too anal, I did everything step by step. After many days of trying to decide whether to do it myself or pay a company $800-$900, I finally decided to give it a try myself. I spent one day removing everything and cleaning them. Another day painting the side claddings. Another day painting the rear bumper. Another day on the side rails. And the day I painted the front bumper, I also placed everything back on. So I guess it took me 5 days total. I used 10 cans of the black bumper paint, 6 cans of the adhesion promoter, and 3 cans of the truck bed coating for the rails (I sprayed the rails with the adhesion promoter first, since the factory step rails have plastic parts). Hopefully everything holds well! Thanks for all the postive feedback everyone!

Looks Great! Anyone that's painted their cladding how is it hodling up - sratches, nicks, chips...?

It looks great, I sure wanted to get mine painted before the National, but just not enough time._Ron

scout, I did mine like 4 yrs ago, think I was the first to do so.

has held up great, shopping cart hit, grandchild trike hit, touches up no problem

Just do it, the prep work is the key to a perfect long lasting job.

How does the front and rear bumper covers com off? I want to do mine but I want to know how hard it is to take the front and rear off. Thanks for any help

the front bumper doesn't come off. there is a member project on painting the cladding. take a look. the same member also posted a project on removing the rear bumper cover and the side pieces. what i did however was remove the rear bumper at the mounts (4 bolts total). there is a member project on adjusting the rear bumper, the information in that will help you to figure out how to remove the bumper at the mounts if you choose to do so

Latest posts