Behind STA Rear Seats?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of an 08 STA with the rear panel removed thats behind the rear seats? Where the sub area...?

Thanks!

I have some on my home computer. It's extremely tight. I think you posted that you will be using a JL 13TW5. You should have plenty of space for that sub. Just remember that even though it's a slim line it has a decent excersion.

Theres hardly any room back there. I just built a box for 2-10s but its quite tight even with the panel removed.

Yeah I just wanted to get a picture of what it looks like behind the plastic panel... I wasnt planning for the sub to be back there, but if there is enough room i'd do 2. If there isnt enough room the amps will go on the plastic panel beside the factory sub and the sub itself will go under the rear seat...

Im just trying to squeeze 2 in somehow, lol.

I know you can fit at least one 13TW5 back there. Finding a spot to mount the amp is going to be a pita unless you mount it on the back wall also.

I don't get why anyone would mount anything under the rear seats. You lose the ability to fold them down! I LOVE that mind fold down!

One 13TW5 and a JL500.1 will rock with bass. You will swear it's two shallow mount 12s.

This is my second ST and I never folded the seats down ever... they dont even fold 100% down in the STA, so its pretty useless...

MPTonyT, thos 8W0's?

MPTonyT,

Very nice looking install. I wonder if your 4 ported 6" subs sound as good and make as much bass as my two sealed 12s.

Did you make that enclosure yourself? What's it tuned to?

Red STA, that would be helpfull if you could... but what I am looking for is the back with the plastic OUT, if thats what you can take a pic of, please do!

Thanks.

I did take a pic of it but couldnt figure out how to post the pic. I guess I gotta either set up a photobucket account or link it from library. I will try again tonite to figure it out. And btw, its all just clips and 2 little bolts in the storage compartment.

Or if you go to photoshop express.

I have Photoshop 6 @ home, but I love the site.

I can do cropping, resizing, edits, download, get a link, etc. all from any computer anywhere!!!

Heres the link:

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got those pics loaded in library...for how it looks w/o the rear panel. Sorry it took so long

Wow, thank you, no problem on the time frame it is MUCH appreciated. So that looks pretty decent behind there, nothign really protruding out other than the bit in the middle... Looks totally possible for 2 or 3 13 TW5's in there going from one side to the other.

You dont happen to have the base depth? I see you made a box, so you probably know now deep the bottom of the box can be?

Thanks!

I yanked that box out (it sucked) so its at home. But I believe it was 6.5" deep @ bottom and 4.5" @ top I think. However that was the from middle out. So on the sides it may be possible to go an additional 1/2" - 1" in difference deep (also I think the drivers side has alittle more depth than the pass side.

Latest posts