Best Magnaflow source?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go get whatever muffler you want...Magnaflow is nice on V8's by the way...and go to a local muffler shop, not Meineke or other well know places, but a locally owned place. Get single in dual out and call it a day! Get them to run the pipes and get your own tips or get some tips online or whatever you prefer. This will be cheaper and will be catback as well. I don't know if anyone has dual out on an '07 yet. This will be cheaper to do as well than buying a kit. Even that single in singl out kit Troy posted costs more than if you were to get dual. It should cost somewhere in the ballpark of $300 with tips, muffler of your choice (single in/dual out...size??), pipes, labor...?tax?... Good luck!

-DD ST

Thanks TroY, that's about the best price so far, especially with only $10 for ground shipping.

I posted a "Want It Now" on eBay...:unsure:

I did see about four auctions. The best price was about $400 when you include shipping. There was one item with a Best Offer option and it includes a $50 shipping fee.

Performance Peddler did not have any current auctions for this system but I e-mailed them.

blksn8k....Check the link and you can hear what the magnaflow will sound like on your v8 trac....

That's interesting...truckperformance.com and performancecenter.com are apparently the same company.

Eddie, I have listened to that clip before. Actually, I think I saw that video before I ordered my Trac. It still sounds good though. Thanks.

Magnaflow makes a single in dual exit kit for the V8 2006-2007 Explorers. Should bolt up to the ST with the pipes just being extended. Part #16606 Runs about 429.99. The kit from Truckperformance Center is only a single in single out I believe.

Rob, are you sure that's a dual outlet? From the Magnaflow website it looks to me like a single outlet, similar to #16679 (ST), just different length.

"All Stainless Steel, Mandrel-Bent, Cat-Back Exhaust System With A Polished Stainless Steel Tip."

I was gonna do duals on mine, but when we got under there, it would have taken a LOT of work and some crazy bends to get it to work. So we just put in a Magnaflow muffler and did an axle drop so there's no tip visible at all. Truck sounds awesome :)

Just got an e-mail reply from Performance Peddler. Gave me a discount code and a price of $349.25 delivered.

I used the Best Offer option on Performance Peddler's eBay auction. They didn't accept my offer but they did make a counter offer and gave me a different discount code to use on their website. If you go to performancepeddler.com and enter discount code "ebayrocks" you should get the same price.

;)

Received notice that Performance Peddler shipped my Magnaflow exhaust system today. The final price was $319.67 delivered. :cool: