BEST Recomendations on Miter/ Chop Saw

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Baltagi

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a miter saw. Have no idea which one to get. looking for a 10 or 12 inch, Sliding, double bevel, and one that has a laser. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sean

The over-all best is the sliding 12 inch and at least a single bevel. The single bevel is nice because you will have a nice solid stop at the 90 degree mark, (straight up and down).

The 10 inch saw can NOT cut a 4x4 all the way through in most case and never once you angle the blade, a 12 inch can.

There is nothing wrong with the chop style 12 inch, the slider is better, but not for the cost difference if you don't have the extra cash.

12 inch is an absolute. Do not buy a 10, you will regret it. As far as brand goes, if money is not an issue go with DeWalt and be sure to get the slider. But is money is an issue, Craftsman single bevel chopsaw. Most importantly though 12 inches.

It really depends on the intended use. My 10" will cut a 4X4. 2x6's I have to turn over after a partial cut. If it's for home use, Delta and Sears compound miter brands [chop style] are fine. If it's for industrial use, then Dewalt [slider] would be a better choice. I've just finished framing 900 sq. ft. of basement and have cut nearly 300 2x4's with my Delta 10". Cuts PVC pipe and, if you are careful and go slow, the carbide blade can also cut aluminum plate material. If you need to cut a lot of 6x6, then you'll need a 12" saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
12" is correct a must if you use it alot also double bevaled... lazer not so much mine has a lazer but not really acurate i have a ridgid and i love it used to have a dewalt but i found the handle on the ridgid to be awsome heres a link