Best windshield wipers?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Taylor

Reaction score
Time for new wipers... I have used Anderson Aerovantage in the past, and they usually last about 4 months before needing replacement. They do a good job, but I was wondering what others have used that might do a better job? Any suggestions???

Thanks

Have tried RainX, Bosch and many others. Only ones that pleased me were the Valeo Ultimates. Low and behold, they are BOGO free now to boot from tirerack.com.

Good luck!!!!

i use trico neofoams... or forms... one of those... haha

they are just like the bosch and rainx... only not as expensive...

they are at advance auto...

have had the same blades for........ 8months now =]

I have tried RainX. Its good when you don't have wipers. But I must say out of all that I have tried. I love the PIAA wiper blades. By far, the best I've had. I got my set on EBAY, I believe for $17.

I've always liked TripleEdge....had a set on one of my previous trucks for 5 years... they lasted through the seasons winter and summer....never squeeked or cracked....donno if they even still make them or not. They were really good at getting bugs of the windshield while you were driving down the highway.

I also had a set of triple edge on a previous car for 4yrs. Still in good shape and wiping clean, when I sold the car. Cant find them anymore.

Those valeo's look like the same thing as the new anco contuor..

Recently got a set of ANCO Contours for my wife's car, so far they're the only ones that the big 24" unit on the driver's side worked well.

I use Anco, but stay away from the Michelin brand, had them on all 3 of our vehicles [2 Sport Tracs] @ one time, they didn't do a very effective job, nor last as long as originals or Ancos.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm headed over to the parts store to look around, and may end up with some PIAAs. The ones from tirerack look interesting too...

Maybe just me, but I have tried Anco, Bosch, and the Contour blades... all were ok for 4-6 months, but the factory Motorcraft ones seem to work best with regard to longevity.. my .02.

I used TriplEdge wipers for years and liked them, but lately I've been using Rain-X blades and I think they're a little better.

Whatever name brand of blades you choose to buy, don't get the ones with the metal holders.

If your blade ever cracks or wears out, with the metal, you could end up with a nice scratch across your windshield.

I am bery picky about a clean windshield and insist on wiper blades that work. I went through a period where I bought almost every imaginable blade on the market and finally cam to the following conclusion:

Buy the cheapest blades and replace them often. As soon as the wiper blade starts to streak, chatter or otheriwse not clean the windsheild to my liking, the blade is gone and I will install a new blade. I will replace wiper blades about every 4 months.

I use Rain-X which helps the bugs clean off easier as well as help the blade glide over the glass better.

I think the weather has a lot to do withhow long the wiper blades last. Rubber deteriorates under UV light and down in Texas our sun is like a torch. I find that a few blades will last 6 months or perhaps a bit longer, but they cost 3 or 4 times or more than the cheap blades, so they are really not cost effective.

So again I will state that the best bargin is to buy a cheapo blade and just replace it more often. I am talking about replacing the rubber refill, and not the whole metal wiper blade assembly. I only replace the wiper blade assembly when it gets worn to the point that a new rubber refill does not work......But that takes about 3 or more years.

...Rich

Latest posts