Big trip w/motorcycle in back of '02 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. Olenko

Reaction score
b6115338fc518f10fbc0e4ea2a2cf93d.jpg
<p>

Just got back from a trip from Pierre, South Dakota with my 2002 Sport Trac with a 2003 Kawasaki 1200 in the back of it. Total round trip miles were around 1400 miles. The bike did just fit and I did make a small wooden platform for the back wheel just it case the bike did stick out slightly but it didn't in the end. Not gonna lie, there were some precarious moments when going over bumps but frequent re-tightening of the straps and just overall feeling more confident over the miles made it a successful trip. Lots of flex in the box too when the bike was strapped down.</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear that it worked OK for you. I have been afraid of the tailgate to haul my bike in the back of the truck. My utility trailer works just fine though, and the Trac pulls it like it isn't even there! Trip last summer to southern Kentucky to pick up my current bike, a Vulcan Voyager 1700 was rather uneventful. If it wasn't raining all week, I would have flew/rode back.

I make a 3hr RT when racing my R6 once a month with no issues as well. What helps though, is having wheel chock bolted to your bed. Since I dont use the bed for much or anything else, the chock works well.

Good to see another ST use their truck to haul a bike around.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts