Bilstein Shocks Buy 3 Get 1 Free

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dre L

Reaction score
FYI

shockwarehouse.com is running some specials. I was able to snag 4 Bilstein's for $194 using discount code "ISTAYED"

Link is below, they have specials on other shocks but I didn't shop around on those deals.

Qty Product Price Extended

2 F4-B46-2133-H0 Bilstein Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer

Item: F4-B46-2133-H0

$68.14 $136.28

2 F4-B46-2134-H0 Bilstein Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer

Item: F4-B46-2134-H0

$68.14 $136.28

Sub Total $272.56

Buy 3 get 1 Free Promo - $68.14

Discount Code (ISTAYED) - $10.22

Shipping (Ground) $0.00

Invoice Total $194.20

Nobleman, I read this at the bottom of your link.

Forum Discounts:

Are you a member of a car, truck or RV forum? Tell us about your forum and we can negotiate a discount for forum members Contact us toll free at 800-245-7469 or email us here.

I read that about the forum discounts, but I think that right goes to Todd so he can maybe get some sponsorship from them also.

Hold off on using them though because it's been 3 days and I haven't gotten a status update on my order, even though when I check the status it says "ship method ground".

I'll update when I hear back from them on how their service is.

Big Al, Bilsteins are stiffer than monroe but they're a different technology. They have a bit harsher of a ride but have more control and performance through hard steering and braking. When I say harsher, I mean when you hit bumps and potholes, on smooth road they're incredible and handling is awesome. If you're a "spirited" driver (take that as driving the trac like you're on autocross) this shock is great. I imagine it would be a good shock for towing as well.

I ran my last set of Bilsteins for about 40K miles and they were good. Better in summer than winter, but then every shock I've had is like that. Honestly, the best shocks I ever had were the Edelbrocks, but like everyone here, they only lasted for around 10K miles. Those really did balance comfort and performance (more comfort) but at $80 per, I can't justify it as a 10K mile shock.

Monroe is offering a "stimulus" rebate. the 4 at shockwarehouse priced to $183, then you'd need to get a $20 rebate from Monroe. Everyone here likes the Reflex shocks.

<a href="http://www.monroe.com/promo/promotions.asp"</a>

Okay, so their customer service is a bit lacking in terms of the initial order status, but they wrote back to me right away that the 2133's are on back order until May 13. I now need to decide whether to wait a month.

I guess he doesn't have any explorer forums on his list :D

It's just not looking good with this guy, really slow to respond to customer service emails.