Bilstein Shocks, the best?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TowTrac

Reaction score
About to buy new shocks for my truck. I'm trying to figure out which shocks are better for hard use. I can't afford the RS9000, so I looking at the Bilsteins or the Rancho RSXs. I've heard nothing but good about the ranchos but which ones are really the best as far as design performance and engineering. are the specs really that different. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again

John

I am sure you'll be happy with either one. In addition to changing the shocks I highly recommend change out the front sway bar end links to the MOOG (or equivelent) Problem solver front sway bar end links; because they use a metal sleeve around the bolt instead of the flexable plasitc ones the Ford OEM one use. It's worth it for $30.

IMO, Bilstein are the best on earth. I have Rancho 9000's on my wifes Explorer and I have Monroe Reflex on my Trac.

I like both the Monroe Reflex and the Rancho 9000's.

The Edelbrock shocks are garbage.

Tom

Had the Edelbrocks on my '01 Trac ... what a waste of money.

Have Bilsteins on my '04 Trac and, with the bigger front and rear sway bars and polyeurothane bushings, it rides better than any other truck/SUV/SUT i have ever driven.

Also had Bilsteins on my '95 Z and it rode like it was on rails.

Last edited by a moderator:
John,

You might want to check eBay too. I have seen some good deals on shocks on ebay.

Tom

Latest posts