Bilstein Shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dre L

Reaction score
Just a heads up, snagged a set of these last Tuesday on EBAY... should have been here today but UPS bumped delivery.

The guy has all 4 for $249 with free shipping. Some places don't even know that Bilstein has a rear shock for the ST.

Will let you all know how they turn out, I'm like a kid on X-mas eve right now.

Bilstein makes one of the finest shocks out there. When we replaced the shocks on our motorhome, we went with Bilstein because they are the best shocks for that aplication. I can only expect them to be the same with everything else.

Tom

before i got the st i had a 2000 chevy blazer zr2 and it had bilstein's on it. they are standard equipment on all zr2's. very very good shock.

Bought them Tuesday, they're here tonight, so about a week. Seller says they ship within 3 days, no lies there.

I hate when people mail items by putting a shipping label on the original box, and mailing it out like that. Autozone, Autobarn, and plenty of big name stores have done this to me, so I can't hold it against this guy for saving himself some shipping costs, especially when he's offering free shipping. At least he taped the living hell out of the boxes while taping them together, but UPS still managed to put a hole in one of the boxes, and bang them around some. They're shocks, so I doubt they will get damaged easily in transit. It took me about 10 minutes to cut them out of the tape or shrink wrap, or whatever plastic wrapping crap it was.

Anyway, all the bolts and nuts and bushings and junk were there, and in ziploc bags, and boy are they German, no mistaking that they're German. I don't know what "Sportwagen zum Einbauen" means, but on the other side of the box it says "Engineered for Performance", so I guess that could be it. The other side has every other language on earth.

The shocks are in good condition, Bilstein even paints the rubber eye bushing for some odd reason. Good transaction overall, and $10-$20 less for the set than I could find them anywhere else, plus some places don't even carry, or are even aware that Bilstein has a rear shock for the ST, and this guy specifically references the ST in the description. (I had gotten the part #s off Bilsteins site before ordering anyway) 4WD FRONT B46-2133 , REAR B46-2134

So I test them out and compress them, and holy hell they do not give easily. I can't wait to get them on. They don't look very pretty, but it's a shock for pete's sake. I'm just hoping they live up to the reputation.

Oh, and the blue boot is a soft rubbery material.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobleman,

I have no doubts you will be in love with those shocks. As I said, Bilstein makes a darn fine shock.

Tom

Well, I've been riding around on them all weekend... They are very nice shocks with a very nice ride. I would have to say that it is up there with the ride of a new CAR, but this is still a truck so it isn't exactly that of a car.

I don't think it was as dramatic of a difference for me since I was riding on Edelbrocks which were very impressive, but after between 15K and 20K miles, they started to have issues. The Edelbrocks were noisy with a lot of clicking, began to fade rapidly, and could not keep up with repeated bumps, ripples, potholes, etc... The issues were so intermittent, and under specific conditions, that I had no clue it was the shocks until I had a full front end inspection done. For the most part, the Edelbrocks were still comfortable. I did not like that the Edelbrocks were very bouncy when going slowly over big bumps, the Bilsteins are not making me as seasick.

The problems were however noticeable enough that mile one on the Bilsteins made it obvious the Edelbrocks had issues. Tire tracking is awesome with the Bilsteins. You really feel like they're following the road, and minor bumps are hardly noticeable.

The ebay seller is techdeals1, and the 4WD Part #s are: FRONT B46-2133 , REAR B46-2134. Whoever you buy them from, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Edit: Wow, I just rode the Grand Central Parkway from the Triboro Bridge out to Westbury. The fast lane is all choppy and I barely noticed a thing. I also noticed that with the Edelbrocks I used to get a feeling like the chassis was launching away from the wheels, when I hit one of those humps in the road with a big dip following. That always happened since they were new. That doesn't happen now with the Bilsteins. I can only try to describe it as a dull flat ride, even over bumps, like it's always the same ride no matter what the road is. Obviously there's a thud with potholes, but they don't hurt. Not harsh like a sport suspension, just right, kind of like my friend's Honda Oddysey, but truckier.

Last edited by a moderator: