Black interior for 2002?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Hobbs

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've got a 2002 ST that I want to make some changes to, and was wondering if maybe you guys could help me out. The interior on mine grey, and because of the age is showing wear and tear. I was just wondering if there was any sport tracs that came with black interiors. If there were than I will just swap everything out that I can. If not, what would you suggest turning my grey interior to black? Paint? I would have no problem just getting out some paint, but the wife doesn't trust me... Thanks for any info.

I believe the first gen. STs were either gray or tan. Painting won't help the wear and tear on seats, so you might want to consider new covers. If the damage is on the door panels, then painting will work.

yeah, sorry I wasn't really specific. The seats are actually in good shape, but like the arm rests are faded from wear. And really I want to just change the color on my interior.

Your other option is,,,

Dye. I have seen many vehicle converted over using leather dye. It works very well and dramatically changes the over-all appearance. (Of course, if you have cloth,,, this wont do what you are after).. LOL

Seat covers from wetokole or katzkins. I understand they are much better quality than the Walmart style.

Latest posts