Blend Door Actuator 2007 Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iflog

Reaction score
No matter which button I push to change the air flow from defrost to floor or vents, or both, the heat always comes out the defrost. The lights come on the buttons but it doesn't move anywhere. I have heat and air conditioning no problem, just can change where its going. I was told it is the actuator that controls this but after reading a few articles it sounds like this part only controls the temperature. I watched a video on YouTube on how to change it and the first thing the guys says is not to buy it from Auto-zone but to get it from the dealer because it is VIN specific to the vehicle. Can anyone set me straight? Thanks.

NOT vin specific... Rockauto.com Buy motorcraft...

No matter which button I push to change the air flow from defrost to floor or vents, or both, the heat always comes out the defrost. The lights come on the buttons but it doesn't move anywhere. I have heat and air conditioning no problem, just can change where its going. I was told it is the actuator that controls this but after reading a few articles it sounds like this part only controls the temperature. I watched a video on YouTube on how to change it and the first thing the guys says is not to buy it from Auto-zone but to get it from the dealer because it is VIN specific to the vehicle. Can anyone set me straight? Thanks.
if you havent fixed this yet let me know and i could point you to the problem (ik im two years late)

Thanks. About the same price as AutoZone and I can walk there. No shipping cost.

Here is the video about the VIN specific.

if you havent fixed this yet let me know and i could point you to the problem (ik im two years late)
The AC comes out when the control switch is on up and lo fresh air. I think heat comes out when it is in AC or MAX AC. any clues?

Latest posts