blower motor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry tanner

Reaction score
i blower only works on 4. 1,2,3 it dose nothing is that the relay or something else.

got any techs here or has anyone had the same problem any insight would help.

thanks

hdt

There is a rheostat that drops the voltage for speeds 1, 2, and 3. It is not used for speed 4 as it gets a full 12 volts. I would bet this is what is defective. You will find it either bolted or riveted in the ducting for the fan as it uses the air from the fan to cool it.

I believe it is on the passengers side near the hood hinge area from under the hood.

Other have replaced this, I am sure someone has a picture of it...

The official term they use is rheostat. Why??? I have no clue. But you are correct, it is a combination of resister wires within a single unit.

hdt, see if it is getting voltage, if so, you can also check to see if voltage is coming out and the various volts. Once you get that info, it should be enough for you to figure out what is not working..

Look on the front of the blower motor housing, below and to the right of the blower motor. The connector has four wires, LG/WH, BK, YE/RD, OG/RD.

You're Welcome.

You can see the rectangular opening for the step resistor under the wiring harness. The resistor itself is setting on top of the foil. This resistor probably burned out. It's easiest to get to if you remove the two resevoirs first.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts