blower speed 1 not working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok cool, guess I will replace tomorrow. hot times are a coming down here so I'm having to start running my AC.

I'm not sure, the dealer asked me if it was located in the dash or console. I'm going to take a look tonight behind the glove box and see if its there. I can't think off any reason I would have it in the console, my truck has the basic package, there is no AC related stuff in there as far as I know.

The resistor for the blower is located below the cooling duct to the fan motor under the hood. It is next to the blower motor assembly.

Oh yeah, now that I looked at my manual I see that its under the air filter assembly area. Good, I guess I can hook up my vacuum reservoir that the previous owner bypassed while I'm changing the resister.

Actually is was the "blower moter" that quit on me. It is located in the engine compartment on the passenger side of the firewall. You have to remove the coolant tank/windshield washer reservoir to get to it. The workshop manual shows how to remove it, but I can't find anything in the shop manual that goes deeper into the blower motor. I wasn't a difficult job. I would say, once you have the part, it is about an hr. & a half job or less. About 1-2 beers. :grin::haveabeer:

Latest posts