Blown Rear Differential

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary L

Reaction score
Well... the Rear Diff on my wifes 2004 Nissan Titan Blewout. And it only as 10,000 mile.. the sad part after going to a Titan site, alot of other people had the same problem. The dealer said it would cost me about 5 000...if i had to pay for the entire replacement ,but thankfull it Is still covered. I told her we should got another ST:) So all you Titan owner out there watch out

Sorry to hear something like that happened. If it is mechanical, you are bound to have problems. I hope that is the only problem you have with that Titan.

Tom

:lol:STONE anyhow when it happen to me i heard a loud Bang and the the truck started to shake, and it would make a loud bangging noise if u try to drive it, even a 1 feet

Man, that sucks! Especially with a new truck like that. Hope everything goes well for you and they get it fixed so it doesn't do it again.( Hate to have stuff like that hanging over my head every time I go on a long trip or anything. (not knowing if it'll leave you stranded))

From what they're saying on the Titan site alot of truck is failing due to fact ....the spider gear is to small causing them to over heat due to the amount of torque, and power on the truck, And some of the members replace theire 2 to 3 time already:angry:

Star,

I would not think there would be heat from spider gears being too small, more that the spiders are too small and can't handle the power.

I just can't see it producing that much heat. If it did the oil in the differential would be toast.

Tom

Well i know the company Dana makes the spider gearswhich suppose to be good but maybe the gear is to small for the power