Boat Launch Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a limited-slip and decent tires it should be fine. I had REVO's on my old Trac and I don't think I ever needed 4wd, but then I just have a jetski (a big one though). One of the ramps I use is concrete like the one in the pic and even steeper. I don't know about WA but here the parts of the ramps that are always covered with water get a slippery moss growing on them that you can't even stand on without landing on your keyster in the water, let alone driving on. So don't get the tires any farther in the water than you have to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an 04 that is completely stock and I have no problem pulling out my 20 1/2' Bass boat with a 200hp Merc on it out of the water on steeper boat launches than that. You should have no problem. Like the people said before, ease off the brake as you ease into the gas and you will be fine.

I have only had a few occasions when it was either raining really hard or alot of weight in the boat and had to put a few budding in the bed of the trac to get it up the launch...but never been stuck and the boat and trailer weight about 4000lbs.

I added a few pics of the boat. The pic of it being trailered is with my brothers F-150...but I have towed it with the Trac a ton!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts