Body Mount

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys, got a weird one.

Got an 05, took it to the dealer for a creeking (groaning) noise. I thought it was in the front suspension, but they couldn't find anything loose, however they said the noise could be body panels flexing. I decided to poke around, and found the the #1 body mount (by the front foot well) on the passenger side is the culprit. The body bushing looks fine, but the noise carries though the whole cab when the body-frame flexes. I'm taking it back to the dealer (its on warrantee) , but has anyone ever experienced this? I never did 'till now. Hoping its not more than that - like the frame...

i could be misinterpreting your statement about the number of the body mount, but there is a body mount in the front of the truck in front of the wheel well. jsut figured i'd make sure you knew this.

my '01 squeeks and groans like no other and i am pretty sure it is all in the front of the truck and not the body mounts, but i could be wrong.

i just dont see any sence to "body panels flexing." i know they must give to a certain amount, but i dont know about panels "flexing," at least i hope mine arent!

Good luck

Thanks Mike,

According to the repair manual, the front mount is considered the "Radiator Mount" then they number them 1,2,3 going rearward. I was able to isolate the noise by literally putting a crowbar between the mount and the body and moving them apart. I check all of them, and that one made the groan.

yea i just misunderstood, but we were talking about the same thing...good...i'm glad, now you helped solve my problem too! thanks

let me know how you fix it!

thanks again

Mike

Hey Guys,

Just a follow up - I decided to skip the trip to the dealer and try it myself. So I removed the body bolt & bushing (damn, was that thing in there...) . I really didn't see anything wrong with it, so I put it back in a different position from where I took it out - and all is fine, No grunt, groan or squeek...

Latest posts