BOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Lewis

Reaction score
This is what happens when a supercharger pukes:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Notice the passenger side fuel rail that I had to bend because some retard didn't put the right bolts holding the blower plate to the manifold plate. It took 4 hours to get that damn thing out of there thanks to no instructions on Kenne Bell's website. The blower is at Kenne Bell getting fixed (hopefully it's just a bearing) and should be back next week sometime (they have a 3-4 day turnaround on repairs...pretty good if you ask me).

While it's torn down, I'm doing some mod work. Just installed a manual belt tensioner and will be putting in a larger intercooler reservoir for those hot track days (big opening in it to put ice in). I have new fuel rails, larger injectors, and a dual pass heat exchanger for the intercooler on the way as well (they should be here before the blower gets here, so I can have them on and ready to go).

Once she is back running and tuned at the local tune shop for 104 octane, it'll be time to put on the new rotors, brake pads, steel braided brake lines, and speed bleeders (that should all only take maybe 2 hours not including the bleeding of the lines). Then the hunt will be on for some lightweight wheels to put slicks on for it's trip out to a local road course (1.5 mile, 12 turns). :cool:

Oh, guess I should have said that it is an 04 Cobra :)

My garage contains (for those who even are remotely interested):

03 SVT Focus

04 Cobra

07 ST

2000 Honda Shadow 750D ACE

Yuppers...KB warranty is non-transferable and only lasts for 1 year. The repair on it will be a lot cheaper then buying a new one though, even with the extra parts that I got :)

Just got off the phone with Kenne Bell...somehow the gears got toasted on the inside. $799 for a full rebuild on it (gears, bearings and seals) and it should be here middle next week for the reinstall :)