Bosch Fusion Plugs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAN PETERSON

Reaction score
:angry: Beware of the Bosch four prong plug called the Fusion. My ST never ran right after installing them. MPG went down, power decreased, idle was weak and rough. They are also shorter so they don't have the same reach into the block. Installed the Motorcraft SP 500's and the ST is running very strong again. I'm ready for the SCT Tuner now.

Hope Schucks will take those crap plugs back.

The exact reason we have thousands of posts saying to use motorcraft or autolite plugs...

Todd Z

I agree with Todd. My experience is that Fords run better with Motorcraft/Autolite plugs and GM's run better with AC-Delco plugs. I also found that most vehicles will run very good on Champion plugs but perform best on modified engines requiring different heat range plugs...Champion has a gazillion choices.

...Rich

As always, I never run gimmick plugs. They are a scam and do not work as well as the plugs that came with the vehicle.

For me it is Motorcraft or I don't drive my vehicle until I get Motorcraft plugs...unless it is my wifes GM, then it is AC-Delco plugs.

Tom

I agree with Caymen, the Bosch plugs worked great in my Jetta, but in Ford you should run the Motocraft plugs.

I'm sure the Fusion plugs work great in some vehicles, but not in the ST. I would not say Bosch makes gimmick plugs though. Bosch was the best plug for my VW. The Motorcraft SP 500's are performing well. Has anyone here used those. A friend that tunes Mustangs and is in auto retail says they are the best for my ST.

Bosch plugs have always been geared towards German cars!!

I would have to agree. NGK and Nippondenso work great for Japanese cars, even the Accord I service and repair has NGK and Noiipendenso plugs listed in the owners manual.

Tom

I had NGK Iridium in my 2004 Mustang and they worked great. As far as the ST goes what's the deal with the Motorcraft SP 500s that were mentioned above. Have not seen or head of them.

I had NGK Iridium in my 2004 Mustang and they worked great.

How do you know they work great? Did they work as well as the OE plugs? If so, they were a waste of money. You paid more then they are worth since they work as well as OE plugs do.

Seriously. How can we say an aftermarket plug can work great? How do we know for sure?

Anyone do a dyno of a new OE plug change then a aftermarket plug swap? The most you could possibly get is 1 HP, and even that is a stretch.

Nobody will ever notice 1 HP gain...unless your engine was rated at 1 HP to start with.

Tom

Jeff,

You plan on running nitrous so you needed something compatable with nitrous. There is a difference.

Tom

Latest posts