Bought a new EGR valve sensor

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Levin

Reaction score
I am replacing the EGR valve sensor in a little while. Will the CEL go off automatically or do I need to do something to reset it?

jLevin, did you replace the whole thing, or part of it? Was it an easy fix? I had the CEL coded, and it came back as "insufficient flow" in the EGR valve. The dealers want to charge you for the scan even after you have told them what the problem was diagnosed as. I guess they don't want you knowing where the problem lies so that they can charge you all over for it again. Is the EGR something that any ASE certified mechanic shop can fix? Thank you for your replies, I will heed them all!

Mrmarvyn, I replaced just the sensor. Turns out the vavle was still good. It was super simple. There's a wire harness connected to the top and then 2 tubes on the bottom. There is a picture in one of the libraries on here of the sensor and location (someone chime in here and help us out) That will show you exactly what you need. Th NAPA part # is: CRB222003. Cost was about $35.00 Start with replacing the sensor yourself before replacing the actual valve.

Mrmarvyn,

Dealer wants to get money just to read the code, what a bunch of crooks.... If you can, get it read at Autozone and check this post:

Thanks, jLevin & Fer, I printed the solutions you presented to me, and will go at it later this evening to try and fix it. See ya at another posting!!!!