Bouncy ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
artstang,

Do the front end links from AutoZone too. I replaced the shocks & sway bars and still had a wobble going over bumps & curbs at an angle; after putting on the MOOG front end links problem solved. And, the are only $20 - $25.

I noticed that you do some hauling, so I recommend that you beef up your rear springs too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey that's great. I will order those shocks from Summit and pick up the end links at AZ. From what everyone suggested this will solved and improve the ride.

Request from shipmate TrainTrac..I posted some pictures of the Shelby and the Mach in My Library. I know this is a Mustang forum, but someone requested it. Sorry. Disregard the 02 ST I done sold that many moons ago. I post my current ST soon.

Good lookin' cars, Art!

Rodger's right about beefing up the rear end. If you regularly tow the cars on a trailer, you might want to consider a Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit. I put one on for towing a travel trailer. Big improvement! There's also a project on this kit in the "Ride and Handling" Projects category. Very easy install.

Hi Art,

4 new shocks.. (I used Monroe Reflex) and new Front / Rear anti-sway bars.

I did this to my 01, and it made a tremendous difference.. Like driving a new truck.

If you do a lot of hiway driving like I do, you know how bad the cross winds and uneven pavement can be with a "Stock" ST. I almost learned the hard way...

I would strongly suggest you contact Todd Z via E-mail before you make a decision, he has a wealth of information and help he can offer.

Thanks TrainTrac.:)

Rodger, I have only towed the Mustang with the ST a few times and mostly within less than 100 miles. The longest I towed the car was to Nashville Tenn and back to Jax and that was with a tow dolly. I did not notice any bounce or sway then going up and down in those hills. Maybe because it was loaded. We usually drive the wife's 04 Explorer now whenever we are towing a car. My ST is mostly a toad vehicle at the back of the RV now.

The reflexes will ride stiffer then the sensatracs.....

Todd Z

2nd what Mike said... I have Monroe Sensa-Tracs on mine.. Difference of night and day..

Believe it or not, the OEM shocks more than likely ARE Monroe Sensa-Tracs. I am looking at our Motorcraft shock display, and the new strut has Sensa-Trac on the label!

Thanks Dave, I tought of using the Ronchos, but based on the majority, the Monroe Reflex shocks is the prefered pick. I will definetely replace the end links too. I will try this route then decide whither I replace the sway bars.

I just upgraded my shocks (78K) to M-reflex shocks and there is an UNREAL difference in the ride and it bounces very little now. I have been reading this site since I got my 02, and cannot believe that I waited this long to change the shocks :( Arggg ! Again, a really BIG difference.

Monroe Reflexs on my '05 ST made it a diff vehicle! Bounce gone! And it now can corner hard and fast w/o feeling like it wants to tip over.:D

I ordered four M-Reflex shocks and front sway bar end links from Rock Auto. They are the cheapest price I've seen. All together $184 shipped. It will be installed this weekend.

Latest posts