Bow hunting

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary DiPietroSr

Reaction score
First time out on private property here in CT, I did a little deer management for the landowner. After watching a buck for an hour that eventually walked off, I took a doe at 25yards. How is everyone doing this year so far?

Gary D. in CT

Congrats Gary! Does taste better than bucks. I've been a couple times. Saw some does each time, but they were too far away for ME to take a shot with a bow. ;) I'm hoping to get to go again next Saturday.

Congrats! Nothing more exciting than using that bow.

Well I usually just hunt in the stand in the evenings, Hunt waterfowl on the weekends until it gets too cold. Passed on alot of does and one 3x3 this past Monday. Plenty of time in the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Deer season starts until November 1st, heere in Texas. I think it's a state holiday :D

But good hunting. :D

Richard, the state holiday is messing with the other state holoday. lol. Last years November Nascar race in Ft Worth was the Only cup race that hasn't sold out since I've been going. It happened to be on opening weekend of deer season

Gun season starts Nov. 1st. Bow season has already started. Been many years since I last bow hunted. Anyone can shoot a deer with a high powered rifle. To kill a deer with a bow is a real achievement. Way to go Gary.

Monday Morning I will be in the woods here in Ma. I eat what I kill and share with others. I have been basically in the same location now for 5 years and every year deer are everywhere. In my eyes it's first come first serve, if it's brown it's down.... I been known to kill deer no more than 70lbs for christs sake... They are some damn tasty things!

joseymack

Thanks guys, I'll be checkin out my other spot soon. Just finished the butchering job and nothing beats fresh venison for lunch! Good luck guys!

Gary D.

Primitive Weapons her in GA on Sat. too....and it will be much cooler. I have given up on the early season (Sept.) bow season....just too hot! Gun season opens in just two weeks.

We had a welder in the plant where I worked kill a deer, tie it's legs together and carry it like a suitcase. From then on his nickname was "Killer"

Sorry, I forgot about Bow Season starting earlier. There are not that many Bow hunters down here that I know. I have not been hunting is such a long time I don't know if I would even recognize a deer if it wore a sign that said "DEER". :lol:

Actually, I spent most of my younger years hunting 2 legged DEAR's. :lol::lol:

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts