Box heater

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Howell

Reaction score
I have 3 retrievers and a Siberian husky that I cart around in our 2001 ST, the husky is ok in our canopied box but the retrievers can't take a longer drive (McMurray to the nearest city Edmonton is pretty much a 5 hour drive) in anything colder than about -10 or -15. I want to add a aux heater in the back like what the old Broncos had. I was wondering if anyone here has undertaken such a project and what heater assembly they went with.

Ideas??

Does your 12v outlet in the bed work ? I think if you look around enough you can find 12v car heaters that you could plug in and have work to take the edge off in those cold winters.

Like this one

http://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-1224-235W-Ceramic-Heater/dp/B0066CP998/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1354498516&sr=8-3&keywords=12v+car+heater

Last edited by a moderator:
Find Peavey Mart or Princess Auto (also online stores) store

They usually have remote automotive type heaters but you would have to run antifreeze heater hoses and power supply from engine compartment. Have seen them hooked up in truck box to heat truck campers when moving. they worked good.

Latest posts