brake / anitlock problem /help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Gau

Reaction score
For the past year when I would be breaking and hit a bump the anit-locks would come on once in awhile. Now the problem is getting worse and doing it daily for no apparent reason while stopping. Any sugggestions as to what may be causing this? Im thinking its not safe any longer.

Bad abs sensor maybe?

It's easy it is to test, when I had similar issues I had access to a computer that could read the abs sensors, but I'm not sure on the cost of one..

I know that AutoZone has a ABS scanner/reader, pn# CP9449AZ, you can't pick it up at your local store, but of course you can have it shipped there, or delivered to your house. It will plug into your OBD II port, you can keep it plugged in and by what I've read it will run just like a OBD II code reader and show pending and any codes that will make your ABS light up.

abs sensor...when i park and have wheels turned..abs goes off..the sensor is reading different miles per hour on the wheels and activating the abs..

tried to fix it twice, at about 90 bucks a pop and no luck.. of course i did not buy the motor craft part..