Brake Conversion kits

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Q

Reaction score
Has anyone used a conversion kit on their ST?

I have an '05 ST, and i was thinking about a conversion kit for the rear brakes only.

I have noticed the Lack of stopping power in this vehicle. As i know other have as well.

Would there be any issues because the front brake are stock and the rear are converted?

Thanks folks!!!!

Frank

I am curious as to what do you mean by "conversion"? It is my understanding that all '03 - '05 ST's have disc brakes all around. Many people here have put on after market rotors (slotted or cross drilled & slotted); but only one person (Cayman) here, that I know of, has done a drum to disc brake conversion. Our sponsor Explorer Express has after market rotors and pads. If it were my '05 that has disc brakes all around, I would do the front disc brakes first.

Last edited by a moderator:
i didnt know ST's came with rear drums. my 04 adrenalin has disks, and my neighbors 04 BONE ASS BASIC ST (lol not sure on package abbreviations sorry) has rear disks too.

Right. He stated that he had an '05 ST, which already has rear disc brakes. That's why I originally asked for clarification regarding the term "conversion kit".

Shoot... It be nice if could upgrade the rotors front/rear to cobra mustang disc's and use willwood calipers.

They make a 13 inch Cobra rotor kit for the front of the ST but you need to have 18 inch rims or larger...

Todd Z

I wonder if he is not get proper performance from his stock disk brakes.

I was testing my '04 today. Torrie took the speed limiter out with my xcal3. Got to 118mph. Then I got down on the brakes for my highway exit. My stock brakes worked like a champ.

He might need to pull the system apart and look for problems.

That's it Todd, the cobra kit... but do they only have a front kit? I know my fronts (stock) work. But the back brakes just arent working, never really have for as far back as i could remember.

But the back brakes just arent working, never really have for as far back as i could remember.

You may want to find out why they are not working or why you do not think they are working. Brake upgrades are very, very, very expensive.

Tom