Brake Lines Once and For All....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate B

Reaction score
I konw there is brake line issues with the spindle lift install, but there is NO ONE :angry: that makes extended brake lines for our Tracs. I called Skyjacker, Superlift, Pro Comp, and Rancho, and none of them know if any other vehicle brake lines will work. On my lunch, I'm going to take a handful of brake lines out to my truck from other Ford trucks to see if I can get a set to work, but I was wondering what others have done to get DOT approved extended brake lines.

Thanks in advance.

Nate

Any hydraulics place can make you a set.... Look in the phone book for equipment repair places that work on trucks and hydraulic equipment...

They should be able to make something DOT or even Braided...

Todd Z

I'm thinking the same thing as Todd, just get a set made. A custom car/motorcycle fab shop in your area should be able to whip up a set, no problem. As far as being DOT approved, it may not have a stamp of approval, but you can be sure they they are safe and won't fail. The last thing you want when driving a high-dollar bike or car is for a fuel/oil/brake line to come apart or fail on you going down the road.

I dont know there contact info, do a web search. Stainless Steel Brake corp. should be able to make you some custom braided SS hoses..

Most auto part store have a list of various brake lines. They tell what end is on it and the over-all length. So.... Find out what ends we have and then go to the auto parts store and read their notes.

I would be shocked if there is nothing available.

I crawled under there to look at the brake ends, but I have no idea what they're called... unless the technical terms are "a block thing-y with a hole in the middle" and "a buldge with the thing-y on the side with one on top too" would work. :blink:

:lol: Sorry, no big help here, but those descriptions were funny!

What about taking a stock hose to a "hydraulics place" so they can see the fittings they need to use?

Last edited by a moderator:
The block thing-y with a hole in the middle is a banjo fitting ( short neck MIO 3/8 banjo to -3 hose) and the other fitting is a 3/8 - 24 female to -3 male. I'm running hoses I assembled myself, cost me $60.00 for both. I have parts numbers from XRP for the parts if you can get them cheaper through work. If not their is a place by my house that I got the parts from. You could come over to the house again and I can help you assemble and put them on. I have not had any troubles with them so far.