Brake Pads

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PETER PEARCE

Reaction score
Upgrading the brakes on my "05" Trac, I've added drilled and slotted rotors, any recommendations for pads ??

I do haul a boat.

Thanks,

Pete

Performance Friction pads or Hawk HP......They are carbon metalic and heat wont fade them.

For street service and towing. OEM rotors with either of those pads. Is just as good.

Those performance rotors on the street only shorten pad life.

Slotted and or drilled rotors have their application, unfortunately it is not on the street. Like Eddie said all they really do in a street application is drastically shorten brake pad life. How are the brakes on the boat trailer?

I am using Wagner SevereDuty Brake Pads (Carbon-enhanced metallic) with OEM rotors (on the front; drums on rear) and have been satisfied with the setup. I do a fair amount of mountain driving and this is a great improvement. The pads take a couple seconds to warm-up, but once warm, they bite hard and don't fade (better than OEM and ThermoQuiet, IMO). I haven't noticed abnormal rotor wear.