brakes upgrades

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Q

Reaction score
i go thru front brakes on this truck faster than you can imagine.

i dont think my rear brakes are really being used. and i know for a fact that the emergency brake needs to adjusted. because it doesnt hold on my driveway when it is engaged. and i have the emergency brake pedal down to the floor. in my past vehicles i was able to go underneath and adjust the emergency brake cable.

So how do i adjust the emergency brake? maybe if i can adjust that my front brakes might last a little longer than.......

Frank,

since your is 03 and up you have rear disc brakes.,.,

INSIDE the rotor is a mini drum setup... SO adjusting the parking brake is like adjusting rear drums..

Look for the rubber plug on the backing plate and remove it, using a brake spoon or small flat screw driver slowly tighten the pads until you feel slight resistance,... Done...

THIS WILL NOT adjust the rear brakes like on a drum setup... the rear discs are self

adjusting..

as far as the upgrades go, unless you have 18 inch rims, your stuck with the stock size. Get a realy good set of pads and flush the brake fluid...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd thanks, i never would have even thought to look for that.....

I have the stock rim setup. but maybe the 18' rims will be used soon. because i also posted for lift suggestions today as well.

thanx again.

Latest posts