Brakes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Davis

Reaction score
I just purchased new tires and a 4 wheel alignment. When I test drove from the garage I had a very slight pull to the right. They put the ST back on the alignment machine and it was perfect. Checked all my undercarriage and all is straight and tight. They believe the problem is I have one brake caliper dragging and not releasing its pressure for some reason. What needs to be done here. Rebuild a caliper. buy a new caliper. Do I have to do both calipers. Is it possible I just need to take the pads out and clean up the slide rails, pins and all that stuff on the offending caliper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did it pull BEFORE the tires and alignment?? If it is a brake caliper issue, alot of places recommend replacing the calipers in pairs, just think, the same wear on one is on the other being the same age and all. Good luck...

If you can jack up each wheel to see if the brake is dragging. Check tire pressures, as incorrect tire pressure can cause the same problem.

Maybe one your new tires isn't right, swap the front tires from left to right and see if your pull goes away?? I would say 30% of the cars that come into my shop for an alignment due to pulling is a tire issue.

Maybe one your new tires isn't right, swap the front tires from left to right and see if your pull goes away?? I would say 30% of the cars that come into my shop for an alignment due to pulling is a tire issue.

Ditto, I had that happen many times.

Latest posts