bremerton area anybody??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j Schmidty

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody lives in the bremerton area of washington. I was thinking of possibly moving there. Your thoughts are welcomed. I am a teacher so it wouldn't be until next fall. I came to the realization that it will be impossible to buy a home where the average home price is 650,000(morro bay, california). :(So, it may just be time to move on.

Schmidty, the link is for your initial search reference. When I was up a few years ago to visit my daughter, since moved, I loved the area. Bremerton seemed to be a 'less expensive' area, but not necessarily a more desirable place to reside. Port Orchard had some nice places.

Did you resolve the tonneau cover lock issue?

thanks for the heads up on Port Orchard. My in-laws just inherited a 5 acre lot there. We might both go build there.

Lived there for a year back in 1998, didn't like it at all. If you don't mind never seeing the sunshine and always having a mist fall on you you'll do fine though. Seriously though for about 2 months in the summer when the clouds actually do part and the rain stops falling it is probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever lived.

I would never choose to ever live in that part of the world again though.

Funny,

I nver ventured to Bremerton more than twice when I was groing up in this area. When I was stationed aboard the USS Camden, I was there everyday, when not deployed. There is more than just the Navy...not a lot, but...

If you're an outdoors lover, the Olympic National Park is a short drive away..climbing, hiking, boating, skiing. Seattle is a 30-minute ferry ride away. Tacoma is a 30-minute drive away. Bremerton is somewhat isloated from the rest of the Puget Sound Region which is a plus (unless you can't find good employment on that side and have to commute to Seattle/Tacoma). The surrounding areas of KItsap County are growing like crazy, so if you invested in real estate, you stand to make good returns.

Latest posts