Bridgestone Duler Revo owners

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Rutt

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my stock Goodyears with the Revos.Looking thru the reviews on assorted web sites people seemed to agree they are a great tire but some did say they thought the road noise seemed to increase as they wore down.

Has any any Bridgestone Revo owners here have an increase in road noise as the tires have worn?Also,some said snow traction was acceptable nothing exceptional.

I'm buying them more for the wet weather traction than anything.

I've got a quote of $149 per tire mounted,balanced,tax and out the door.Is that a good,bad or ok price?

Thanks, Markr

I had Revos put on about a month ago. They were a big improvement over the Wranglers I had, which were getting worn down.

Road noise seems to be OK. They are actually quieter than the Goodyears.

Traction seems really good. I have had no problem stopping on wet roads. The big challenge will be the upcoming winter and a lot of snow.

I would recommend them. The price you got is about normal. It is about the same as what I paid. You probably won't see any big sales on them.

The Hawk

markr,

i have them on my 04 adren. i replaced the " crapyears" at 5k miles. i have 32k on my s/t and after one rotation they are doing fine. as far as handling and road noise, they handle well in snow and wet pavement. last year we had alot of snow here on long isle and they did great. road noise did increase due to the aggressive tread design. if you follow a rotation schedule you should be fine. hope this helps, good luck[Broken External Image]:

I have them and love them. Got 'em the second week I had the truck. Great in snow and rain. Used to have a customer who lived up a steep and rutted cowpath, the Trac got there in 4wd all winter no problem. Off-roaded on a bunch of dirt hills and mud, no problem. Did knock the hell out of the front end alignment doing that, the outside edges of the fronts were toast before I knew it. Got it aligned (Dude: "What the heck did you DO to that truck? Pegged my toe gauge. You were 'froading, huh?" Me: :D). Now those two are on the rear, maybe a little louder but not bad. Most all tires get noisier as they wear down. I'd say they're a little bit aggressive if you don't go off-road but I think they're an excellent all-around tire. :cool:

Back in the mid eighties, Michelins were bad about slipping a belt. I actually replaced all four tires on a Thunderbird under warranty, one at a time. They've gotten a lot better since then, and I really like their tires. I've owned them on several cars since then, and have gotten almost 90,000 miles out of one set. We still have the factory Michelins on at 83,000 miles. Not even one slipped belt in the past fifteen years.

Bridgestone has probably also improved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how it compares to the Bridgestone, but I had a set of BFG LongTrail T/A's (P255 70R 16) installed today for $526 out the door.

One thing I would mention, is to shop around. I saved over a hundred dollars by having a competitors price with me. The manager of the tire store (Tire Kingdom) met both the tire price and installation charges of the competitor (TiresPlus). Plus I get a mail-in rebate for a free Blackberry ($300 value).

Markr....The matter of road noise. Dont buy any tire with agresive tread paterns, if all your driving is on the street. Just a rule of thumb...

I have put over 25K on my revos and they are awesome! I drove through a foot of snow in Indiana last winter, a lot of rain, on a light glazing of ice, slippery red clay mud several times in Oklahoma, in sand along the banks of the Pecos River in NM. They have always kept me moving along and under control.

[Broken External Image]:

Banks of Pecos River, NM

[Broken External Image]:

Ice and light snow in Oklahoma

[Broken External Image]:

After some fun in the mud!

I've got about 10,000 miles on my Revos now. They are quieter than the Toyo Open Country's I had previously and smoother too. Holding out very well and can't tell if they are any noiser. I love them!:D

I have BF Goodrich Long Trail T/A. I love them. They do not slip in the rain and provide excellent traction on dry pavement. I would buy another set in a heartbeat.

As for Bridgestone tires, I have Winter Duellers DM-Z2. When they are worn out, which should be this winter, I will look for something other then Bridgestone.

Tom

Latest posts