Broke arm rest

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Kerr

Reaction score
Tried getting my rain jacket out from behind the back seat and put too much pressure on the arm rest and it broke(XLS arm rest). I just bought the damn thing like 6 months ago. I'm going to go to the dealer and buy another hinge this weekend. Is there a way, short of sticking a piece of 2x4 under the thing to reinforce these crappy arm rests? Any ideas out there?

Only thing I could think of is a metal plate and some fabrication of a metal hinge.....

Or simply don't lean on it..... Sorry...

Check with torrie, he may be able to get it to you cheeper then your local dealer....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
How would getting a jacket out behind the rear seat break the armrest? The seat back doesn't even get close to the armrest when you fold it down.

How would getting a jacket out behind the rear seat break the armrest? The seat back doesn't even get close to the armrest when you fold it down.

I broke it with my body. There really isnt enough room to move about in our trucks. Theres enough room for my wife to move around but not me.

Yeah man, it was raining like crazy. I was trying not to get drenched. In hindsight I would rather have got drenched.

There is a seller on ebay that makes replacement plates for the standard console.

I'm using an older, and stronger, Explorer arm rest on mine.

9c061da61dd0c4fb837cd4ea69406c0e.jpg

0491d424f00658242ab3c05893773eb0.jpg

I hate mine too and the bag is useless as a console piece.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it is the one with the bag, you will most likely need to buy the arm rest top and the bottom hinge plate too. What happens it breaks where the screws fasten to the top. I know it did with mine and I tried 3 times to repair the top part. I finally ordered both from Torrie. When the arm rest is down there is a gap at the front so it doesn't sit solid. I am going to try this winter to fix this problem when I repair mine. Maybe just a piece of wood fastened to the bottom of the arm rest where it comes down near the drink holders.

Darrel,

If you don't mind me asking, what parts did you order from Torrie and how much did they cost? My armrest is broken too and I need the "plate" that attaches to the armrest. Looking at getting it done before Spring rolls around.

Latest posts