Bronco - 40th Anniversary

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats,

I liked the baby bronco II better....;)

[Broken External Image]:

Yeah, too bad Ford didn't actually manufacture those for that entire 40 year span. What was the last year? 1977?

Hmm. I had a Bronco II. Biggest piece of cr*p Ford ever made. Was in the shop more then my garage.

That BII was not a bit of trouble, I replaced the strut arms and brackets the day I bought it. Never stranded me, or ever let me down..... That was my first ford truck, I do miss it...

I like the odd ball cars... Thank you...

Nothing wrong with a v6 mustang or a mustang II..;)

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do like the 70s Broncos.

My dad had one. Don't remember the exact year. It was dark green with a white hard-top. Man was that thing FREEZING-COLD in the winter (central NY winters were cold in the 70s).

We took that thing into the woods in the dead of winter to drop trees, that we later limbed and cut-up for firewood in the spring.

Check out some restored 60 and 70s Broncs....

TJR

Edited for my better judgement of childish games....

My apologies for jumping on your thread R.

Here's my Bubba. We traded him in on our ST. Almost 4 years later and we're still kicking ourselves for that decision. We should have found a way to keep it. It was a 86 with a 302 EFI engine when we bought it. We had just swapped out the 302 for a 351w. With the 4-speed manual tranny...what a truck. I'm going to have another one someday. I love the broncos. We also owned a 79 for a while. That think had the typical 70's paint job. We counted about 18 different shades of blue on it one time. For the most part, I don't really care what a truck looks like, as long as it's fun to drive. Now my ST...he's fun to drive and looks good!! :D

[Broken External Image]:

We had an '84 Bronco. I loved her. I would happily pick one up for a fun truck. I could make her go anywhere. Her length and short wheelbase got me through a lot of places I could never go with my ST.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Me likey Bronco Still own 2 1979 & 1987

Two Trac's 2004 & 2005

I had a B2 and loved it. I put 150000 miles on it and never had a problem out of it. I used to love pulling my dads Chevy Blazer out of the snow when he would get stuck and then drive back through the area where he got stuck.

Anyone thought of a Bronco Trac mod? Then it'll all come full circle.....

Ranger--> Bronco--> Explorer --> Trac --> BRONCO TRAC!

PS. Skipped Ranger b/c they still make it (in Thailand :D).

Technically, the Bronco was a "Sport Trac" of some sorts. You could remove the cam and use it like a truck. Maybe more like a Envoy XUV, but you get the idea.

TracMan, Ford needs to get a little more serious about cars and let the trucks take care of themselves. The only reason why the imports are getting into trucks is because they got the car market and is just moving into trucks to draw people further away from buying American.

Build an affordable small car. A $10,000.00 small car will sell faster then Ford could build them. Heck with any goodies like power windows or any other little options that drive the price up. Two options. AC and Automatic. Maybe an updated version of the Festiva? With gas at 3 bucks a gallon and rising, Ford needs to do something.

Tom

ps...Update the Ranger too. Facelifts are not getting it.

Lou.. you have a Bill Stroppe Bronco? Wow.. that's a rare vehicle.

Here's a exboyfriend's of mine Bronco.. it's a '77, last year of the original stye of Bronco (I've posted this a hundred times before)

[Broken External Image]:

I had a buddy with a very nice fully-loaded '77 Bronco. Wonder if he still has it...?

Speaking of juniqe cars, I had a '74 Mustang II, 4-cylinder, automatic. Whenever I would punch the accellerator to the floor, it would yawn and that was about it... :eek:

Should have been called a "Rustang"...