Build 2 Info

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Corning

Reaction score
Just a quick question from a former, about to be new, member. I am going to order a '07 Limited ST today. Thanks to this website, I was able to "convince" the dealer that you actually could order the power rear window. He didn't believe me until I printed out the actual message stream about the price. Now I read that the "build 2" models will have an improved door pull. When does "build 2" start? They are telling me it will be mid-June before my new Limited arrives. Assuming it has the power rear window (which I believe is a 'build 2' change), will it likely also have the different door pull? Just wondering. My wife hated the location of the handle on the new Trac. A better location would help her being able to actually close the door. By the way, it is nice to start visiting this website again. Stil has the nicest people who actually want to help one another.

I dont mean to go off topic of your thread but your post touches on one of the reasons I didn't get a new ST last month.

The Ford dealers are so uneducated about the new ST's it makes me wonder what the hell Ford is up to. It also makes me think they are rushing these trucks out and mass amounts of problems will occur in the future. For example you had to tell the dealer and show him that the power rear window was available to order. I mean what the hell? Are we selling them ST's to them or are they selling them to the public?

I am by no means knocking the truck because I love it and it grew on me. It just seems ironic that Ford wants to make money and keep their employees in the factories working but their front line of offense with customers has their heads in the sand when it comes to customers questions.....:blink:

Job 2 starts at the end of July. The rear window starts the first of May though as it is not tied to job 2. If you really want a change to the door handle, you'll have to wait for the Job 2s which ought to hit the dealers in August. That's what's been posted on here before anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
FMarano, YOU ARE SO RIGHT ABOUT THE SALES REPS NOT KNOWING JACK! But that may be because the Ford people are not giving them anything to sell or tell! I have had them tell me so much baloney about what is and what isn't. I asked for a brochure for the 07 ST, and they tell me they don't know if they have them or not, or they say that the rear power window is not being made, or better yet, that they have them in stock and they don't. I am just going to wait until next year to get mine and maybe by then they will have a clue! I think that the Ford people are not getting this thing set up right with the stock they have or are going to get, so it is a disaster right here at the launch of the 07 ST's. I am going to deal with one dealer, no hassles, and get a 100,000 mile FORD WARRANTY to boot when I buy my 07 from the VanBortel dealership in Victor NY. Whoopeeeee!

Latest posts