Built another box. Anyone want a box for an 8?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane T

Reaction score
Well, I finally broke down and built myself another box. I had an 8 behind the back seat in a box I built, but it wasn't anything great. Better than stock of course, but not enough for me. Just been too lazy to build another, and didn't feel like spending the money to buy a 10, but last week someone gave me a new pair of sony xplode 10's, so I decided to go ahead and build myself a box for one of them to put behind the back seat. It came out good, and actually hits pretty hard considering the limited amount of air space in such a small box..Now I guess I'll have to spend the money buying a decent speaker for it..The xplode is ok, but definately leaves plenty of room for an improvement. I'll post pics when I get it carpeted and everything...

I don't really have any use for the box I had the 8 inch sub in, so it's up for grabs. It's nothing wonderful, but if you just want more boom than that factory sub puts out, it'll do the job.It isn't carpeted, but I've got to go buy some for the box I just built, so if theres enough left over, I'll go ahead and carpet it too. I used it with an 8 inch Rockford Punch HE2, and they have pretty deep magnets. So most any 8 should fit as long as it isn't like a solobaric or something.. It will actually fit under the passenger side back seat too, but it's made to fit behind the driverside back seat, where the factory sub is. You'll have to take the factory amp and sub out. Anyway.If anyone wants it..Just pay the shipping on it and its yours. If you want a picture of it or something, just email me... [email protected]