Buying advise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith L 2

Reaction score
My parents are going to look at a one owner '02 Sport Trac today with 67k for $11,500. I have an '01 but I've only had it 3 months. I've had a few minor issues with mine but I love it. Are there any things about the '02 that they need to look for in the way of problems.

I would pick up an 03 or 04 with lower miles if it were me as it shouldn't be that much more and it seems anything above 60K miles and you are getting into tranny rebuild time. At least look at KBB for 04 prices with 20Kish miles before committing.

TJR

lashK, I'm with TJR. There are a few upgrades on the '03 that are worth mentioning. '03's have 4 wheel disc brakes, grab handles, improved interior door pulls (don't peel), less complaint of steering wheel harness problems (based on this site), and less driveshaft issues (again based on this site).

I'm with the TJR and MikeC or just check out the 05's because soon if not already the prices will drop on those as the dealers will want to clear them out to make room for the 07 models. Last day of the month is a good time to go buy, IMO :)

If I were you I would wait a few months until the 07's are in the mainstream, then the price will drop significantly and they should be able to pick up and 03 or 04 for that price (im only assuming). The disk breaks in my opinion would be the best upgrade, I am hoping to do the conversion this spring/summer.

Dallas