Bye Bye Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phillip W

Reaction score
Well after 8 years of owning my 04 sport trac with hardly any problems but the thermostat housing cracking, it was taken from me in a garage fire this past weekend. I had just rebuild the suspension and did all the fluid changes the week before. It was driving better than ever. Wish they still were making the tracs, I am sure going to miss mine. :cry:

That is sad news Phillip. Really sorry to hear that. I assume nobody was hurt and it was just material losses.

So sorry. Was it your home garage or somewhere else? You know, it can be replaced. Glad to hear nobody was hurt. You're still part of the family here, is there anything we as a group can do? Take care, Bob

Sorry for your loss.

Gen 2's handle a bunch better and you don't have to buy new shocks right away. :grin:

(I've owned both.)

thanks for the kind words..yes everyone was ok, I was the only one home when it started. I Was watching tv on the sofa which is the back wall of the garage and didnt smell a thing. I hard a bang and thought someone had threw a firework at my house I looked out the front door and saw a puff of smoke, I was going to run out the garage to chase them but that was a surprise when I opened the door into the garage and the whole wall was on fire. There was no saving the poor sport trac. 4-6 months to gut and rebuild the house.

Well I have been doing a bunch of searching for a new car, liked the tacoma but doesnt have leather or heated seats and the chevy colorado isnt much better inside the cab. I then saw the 2010 sport trac- thats the last model year right?? I like the v8 and its 4x4, but a little pricey for 52,000 miles. First I was thinking about offroading and ground clearance but the more I think about it, I have not been offroading much anyway. I think Ill be looking for Gen 2 Trac. Any years I should look out for? Pro's- Con's ??