California emissions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking at the possibility of shipping a new 07 (V6) from California to the Southeast - how, if any, does their emissions package affect mileage or performance?

Just a little stricter standards, but I believe the ST doesn't come with a California package like some other cars do, I may be wrong, but I don't think so..

Todd Z

I can't answer the original question, but yeah, the CA/Green States emissions thing is just ordered as if it were any other option (it's no charge, though). Doesn't come default with it.

re: California emissions by JohnnyO 8/15/2007 15:01 ET

I'm in PA, they've adopted the CA requirements. I think FL has too. I wouldn't worry about it.

I live in FL and I'm not aware of any emission requirements that I need to comply

You are good to go as is.

As Todd mentioned, in years gone by many manufactures used to make 2 emission systems and would sell them in separate locations based on the laws of the land.

However, due to the newer Federal requirements the emission requirements are so close that it is no longer feasible to manufacture additional emissions for various states.

So now vehicles are made to pass the highest standards and will pass all standards of the states having lower requirements.

My ST bought in Az is under CA standards.

I wanted to add CEC set the standard for all states, CA, as the others have said is a bit stricter than most states. You would not have problem in any emmission controlled state. (and I really though FL did have emmissions control in place)

As for performance or milege I don't think there is much of a performance difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts