Can I have my fog lights with high beam?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sniezek

Reaction score
I live NJ and Like to now can i have my 2th fog lights on with the high beams. The 2th fog lights are us of my day time lights. I have them turn off with low beams but they turn on with the high beams. So is it ok to them on with the high beams in NJ.

James S (Limited Red)

James I recently used the project on my '04. worked great. Hardest part was getting the box apart. Took me 45 minutes total.

You can get stopped by a cop for just having your high beams on for that matter.

When a car is coming at you, you're required by law to dim your lights, so what does it really matter if you have two lights or 40?

I guess I'm confused by the question or maybe I'm just having a hard time following your broken English. :blink:

In most, if not all states, driving with high beams and fog lights on is ilegal. Getting stopped and getting a ticket are always a possibility, but most cops don't stop you if you dim your high beams.

The real problem may be your state safety inspections. Some are more intense than others and will check that all your lights work even optional fog lights. Some states require that if the unrequired light is mounted on the vehicle it must be functional. and will chack that fog lights and driving lights only function with the low beam headlights.

If you can get through your state inspections, you probably will not have any problems with the police.

...Rich

Latest posts