Can the front tag holder be removed?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or cheep plastic rivets....

Todd Z

I didn't think they installed front plate holders on cars destined for states that don't require front license tags? I know here in Okla, I never have one on any car I buy, although on my ST it had one in the vehicle when I bought it.

I have one on mine and it's in Pa where we don't need a front plate. My wife's Mountaineer had hers on the floor in the back when we bought it. i didn't put it on hers. If I took mine off then I wouldn't have a place for my Ford plate.:lol:;)

usually depends on the vehicles destination, also a lot of dealerships will add them during PDI

if you want it off, take a screw driver and pry off the plastic rivet heads, then the bracket will just wiggle off... screws.. unscrew.

This is how an ST looks without the bracket. I bumped into the telephone splice box next to my driveway and it just popped off, with no scratches. Easiest mod I've done to my ST.

[Broken External Image]:

Nelson, that is the same way I got rid of the one on my F150, accidently bumped a garbage can. No damage and it just came right off. :)

I'm also in PA...what Stone said.

I think the holders are installed for all states and it seems most states that don't have front plates get the dealer's plate put in there.

Has anyone had one delivered by the dealer that DIDN'T have a front plate holder? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

TJR

Has anyone had one delivered by the dealer that DIDN'T have a front plate holder? Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

Yeah, my 01 was delivered without one. No holes in the bumper either. I live in Alberta, Canada. However, my 03 and my 05 F150 both came with the front tag holder.

Latest posts