Can you go overboard?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phillip Clark

Reaction score
I currently have a cold air intake and I also have performance chip on order, I'm also looking into getting an exhaust system installed and a turbnado which goes inside the intake for even more airflow. I was just wondering if you can ever have too much as far as performance parts, to where you won't see much more in the performance of the vehicle.

C2, In some peoples eyes, just adding a drop in K&N is over board.....

It really is personal preference, warranty issues and what you feel is what you want...

Todd Z

Some more friendly input; order the XCalibrator2 for Wayne Foy (site sponsor), that way you don't have to remove the OEM chip you just reprogram it & save back the OEM program so that you can put it back to stock program for trips to the dealer. The XCal2 will improve your gas milage. There's a couple of things that work, but are not worth the cost benefit ratio; they are the Granitelli MAFS & a throttle body spacer. I did a web search for reviews of the Tornado Fuel Saver, and found that it is definately junk.

C2, the computer is a library of values, When a sensor tells the computer something like you hit the gas, it reads the other sensors and looks up in the value table what it should do..

SO if you modify that table, you make more power and can change a wide variety of things..

Todd Z

Latest posts