Cap or Topper

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Brooks

Reaction score
My OEM bi-fold Tonneau was destroyed in a burglary and a replacement seems impossible to find so I am considering a cap or topper. I'd like recommendations for the shell/cap. I have a 2004 XLT 4 x 4. Live in Texas. ...jer

I'd possibly sell mine with the key and all the brackets, gotta talk to my wife though. We're looking for a cap for ours and would like to need to find one before we sell the tonneau cover since we haul the carseat, etc. in the bed and it's winter time.

I'll see what she say's. Did you text me this morning? I sell alot of stuff on different sites and never know who's contacting me unless they say who they are or what site their from.

:eek:nline::haveabeer:

I have a topper, it's great for everyday use, way more room, but it sucks if I want to bring something really big home, I can't let things hang over the sides anymore.

I have a leer cap for mine. Bought it already on the truck. Awesome for the extra weight in the winter. I bought a tonneau cover for the summer though, saves the weight. and looks way less like an SUV lol

Jerry Brooks:

What color is your sport trac? I might have camper topper available here within a few days.

Chris:

I still don't know how you managed to pull that off. Any vehicle with the name "explore" they will deny rentals to. We've have members with the 03-05 sport tracs go there and tell them it was a F-150.

I have an ARE tonneau cover that was on the trac when I bought it. I've been somewhat looking for a Topper for it though. I miss the days of having the topper on my F-150, especaily when we are camping, much easier to get at things and can pack better.

I have an ARE tonneau cover that was on the trac when I bought it. I've been somewhat looking for a Topper for it though. I miss the days of having the topper on my F-150, especaily when we are camping, much easier to get at things and can pack better.