car audio advice

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott C

Reaction score
Hello all! :D I have a question or two. Soon I'll be changing out my ST to an Expedition (I need the space for the growing kids).

Anyway, I'm going to assume that the stereo will be stock and I would like to upgrade it but I'm so out of touch as to what is good/bad I need some non-salesman advice. For the size of the Expy what will be needed for good quality sound, not house shaking but not super quiet either. I want good bass sound and great quality at low volumes and higher volumes. My plan is to buy a new head unit, componets and an amp and install myself (I'll buy over time so I can get what I want).

Can anyone offer up advice on brands and sizes of the amp and subs? Any advice on speaker placement, I'll want to make it look nice and as stock as possible-I do not want a HUGE box in the back, I'm not 18 anymore :D.

Any advice anyone can offer will be great, thanks gang!

Hey Scott. Well do be honest i would go with anything that JL Audio puts out. Check out there website(jlaudio.com) and go with which series you'd like best. I have the TL series in my S/T in front and back doors and a 10W6 sub underneath the back seat. A single 10inch sub will give you plenty of bass for which you are looking for. Get a volume knob for the sub that way you can adjust it to how much you would like. I got everything off Ebay. I love the way it sounds and at times i crank it with no distortion. Well for the amp i have a Sony running the whole system. Its a 4 channel amp and does the job fine. But all this is just my opinion and i have delt with them for atleast 10 years now, i would never use another brand. BTW i use to compete in IASCA back then and took 1st place in sound quailty a couple times with all JL audio products. Good luck on your choices. Later on, Riley:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott I have a 10" Rockford Fosgate HE2 sub in a sealed enclosure and a Koiiler amp that matches it nicely. If your interested I'll let em' go for cheap.

Latest posts