car audio speaker size

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Park

Reaction score
What speaker sizes fit in our tracs?, fixing to upgrade factory speakers to some boston acoustic speakers, but need to know what size.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are 6x8 and they are located in each door. the factory speakers are 2 way in the front and regular in the back. Most people upgrade their speakers with 3 way 6x8's to get better performance out of the factory stereo.

Have a good one

Bob

Robert,

Are they the same size in a 2005, front and rear? This is one of the first mods

I am wanting to do to my new Trac (Sound System Upgrade).

Also, it does not look like there is enough room in the door panel area for 6x8s,

at least from what the outer speaker grilles look like?!

Thanks...

The Boston Acoustic that fits our Tracs is the FX8 6x8. That is what I put in my Trac. It is the same for all 4 doors.

Cliff

Thanks, Cliff, I know what I will be doing this weekend!

By the way, I have been pleased with Pioneer, so far, but lately I have been

reading many good reviews on Boston Acoustics. Are you happy with them,

if that is what you have?

If you have no sub, you might look at speakers with better bass response. The BA is actually a 5x7 that has mounting tabs big enough for a 6x8 hole. Some of the real 6x8s have better bass numbers.

fy10',

I have the stock 80 watt HU (I believe it is 80 watts) and the stock Ford speakers

that came with it. I am "somewhat" impressed by the bass, even out of the factory

system. Again, I say "somewhat". If I could get a better HU with a three-band

adjustable EQ, like my old Pioneer, vs the tone and bass controls on the stock

HU, combined with a full sized set of 6x8s, and the average 180-200 watt rating

of an aftermarket HU, with aftermarket speakers rated for the same, I think

I am going to be a happy camper! :D

tracnblack,

Can't guarantee happy campership but you should be pleased with any move that relocates your OEM speakers to the nearest landfill.

I got some older Pioneer 6x8s off ebay and installed them along w/ some DynaMat. They have a bass number around 30Hz, an aimable horn tweeter and a built-in crossover. That's been awhile ago, the newer Pioneer speakers don't have crossovers. Not sure why, it seems like a good idea.

My deck is also Pioneer and I've been very pleased with the whole system. One goofy thing, I thought the remote was stupid since the deck was within reach but, man, I loves it now. The buttons on the Pioneer are teeny-tiny and I can flip around without taking my eyes off the road.

I have 5x7 Jl Audio TR Coaxials in my front doors, and 6x8 Kenwoods inthe back doors. The JLs are extremely lifelike, loud, and clear, but i just put a cheaper set of kenwoods in the back for "rear fill". you can't hear them much anyways, cuz i have my seat down to hold my sub box. My hu is Pioneer Premier 470 and my sub/amp combo is Jl audio 10w3 ported and a memphis 250.1 amp. It all comes together to sound great!:D I strongly recommend JL Audio!

my system right now is one 12" jlw7 in the back, with 1000/1 jl amp. and i'm going to install some boston acoustic speakers in the front, and get cross overs, and maybe some tweeters if i have some money left over.