carbine rifles

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason vocaty

Reaction score
I know this is a car forum but you guys are very knowledgeable and i respect your opinions. I am considering purchasing a carbine rifle and have narrowed it down to three. Your opinions are appreciated. Hi-point c9 vs. Marlin camp 9 vs. Ruger pc9. i know i want a 9mm because i have thousands of round of this ammo. The marlin can use my S&W 659 mags which i have 6 of all high capacity but the gun is pricey and hard to find. the ruger is also available as a friend has it for sale no paperwork ! :unsure: Thoughts anyone?

my brother owns a hipoint 995 and said while cheap and ugly it is amazingly accurate and with a lifetime warranty how can you go wrong.

i was looking for one at the last valley forge show and unfortunately none were available.

I have a Beretta 9mm carbine called the Storm uses 92 mags. I love it, have a red dot sight which really helps with 50 plus year old eyes. I actually shoot lower scores in competition with the carbine than the 92. So what ever is easy to mount a red dot sight .on that's what I would go with but just my opinion

My next purchase is going to be a 9mm Carbine.

I have heard good things about Hi-Point. I recently purchased a Hi-Point 9mm Pistol. Polymer frame and a lifetime warranty. So far it shoots well and is accurate. Hi-Point Firearms are made in Mansfield, Ohio. The movie "The Shawshank Redemption" was filmed is Mansfield, Ohio.

As you said, lifetime warranty, reliable, cheap are all pluses.

You can get an aftermarket stock for the Hi-Point to change its looks.

I have talked to a good number of people about Hi-Point and all were very positive.

Tom

If you're patient, you should be able to find a good Marlin Camp 9 for about $450. The magazine compatability with your Smith makes it worth the price, IMO.

Nothing wrong with the Hi Point as a cheap plinker, but there is a big quality gap between a Hi Point and the Marlin or Ruger.

The Marlin will also hold it's value better than the Hi Point, should you ever get tired of it.

I have owned and set up a couple of hi point carbines. If you can find a used one any condition you can send it in to hi point carbines and they will go thru it completely and return it to you for no charge. Just send it to them and tell the shipper its machine parts and the freight will be about $15. The folks who make the carbine don't make the handguns.

The folks who make the carbine don't make the handguns.

Hi-Point Factory Service

Contact one of the following service & parts centers depending on type of firearm you own.

Beemiller, Inc.

1015 Springmill Rd.

Mansfield, OH 44906

866-948-4867

9mm handgun

.380 handgun

9mm carbine

.40 cal carbine

Iberia Firearms

3929 St. 309

Galion, OH 44833

419-468-3746

.40 cal handgun

Haskell Mfg.

585 E. Blue Lick Rd.

Lima, Ohio 45801

419-225-8297

.45 cal handgun

I wasn't aware that Beeline did not make the Carbine, but they are the ones that honor the warranty.

I know the .40Cal Pistol and the .45 Cal pistol were made by another company, but I guess maybe one of those builds the carbine but does not honor the warranty so Beeline does.

Doesn't make any sense to me.

Tom

Yes that is the Hi Point with the ATI stock. I own several firearms and it is by hands down the most ergonomically, easiest and most accurate to shoot. It has never failed. The only problem you will hear from anyone that owns one is no high capacity magazines. Limited to factory 10 rounders.

Go to the link below and search on "Marlin Camp 9."

Also, call local pawn shops, and gun shops. They aren't rare. It's not unusual to see one sitting on the used gun rack. Be patient. The right deal will come along.

See if there are any Wisconsin specific gun trading forums. I trade on a local (Georgia) board, and I see a couple a month. If any look like good deals, I will pass them along.

Don't forget to check on the legality of that gun in your state. You don't live in the most gun friendly place in the nation.

its not gun friendly if you live in madison thats where all the liberals are located. In rural WI. most don't care and we can coyote hunt almost year round! please do not turn this into a political post just putting the facts out there. i have been watching that site and the g.a. site as well as impact guns i am more hoping to find one that doesn't have a paper trail. such as one from a local farmer and such. Who knows what the new administration will bring!

please do not turn this into a political post just putting the facts out there.

i dont think Rich telling you to check legality in your particular state is turning this in to a political post.

clearly all he was doing was giving you a heads up so you dont buy something you possibly couldnt legally own where you live. obviously you know what your laws are but

many people on gun broker assume its ok and then buy before checking only to find that they cant have it due to laws that vary from state to state and county to county. this is why many of the gun broker ad's say to check local laws first now.