Carbon Canister

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brock Lagunas

Reaction score
hey guys,

i was wondering if someone would please please please take a picture of the evap system thats located in the back of our sport tracs on the drivers side. pref a view from the wheel well. and im not sure if it matters but i have an 01.

thank you so very much!!

If your worried if one of the fittings looks like it is missing a hose, thats because it is supposed to.... Also I think it has a green cap on it...

Todd Z

ohhh so then the nipple thats closest to the drivers side isnt supposed to have anything on it? i was reading that the evap sys is a closed loop sys, and i figured maybe that was why my check cap light was on. ive read other posts and tried the whole cleaning of the cap thing. and that was going to be my next thing to look for was some kind of leak.

ohhh so then the nipple thats closest to the drivers side isnt supposed to have anything on it? i was reading that the evap sys is a closed loop sys, and i figured maybe that was why my check cap light was on. ive read other posts and tried the whole cleaning of the cap thing. and that was going to be my next thing to look for was some kind of leak. so then is that black round thing not the carbon canister then?

Brock, when you went for your last inspection did they test the fuel cap. It may be leaking internally.You should be able to go by any inspection place and have it tested for free. At least you would know if it is alright._Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
The carbon cannister is under the hood. It is one the passenger side, besides the radiator.

What you see in the back above the tank is just a vapor separator.

Brock, my DPFE sensor was out when thowing this same code, is it P0114 or something like that 35 bucks got the DPFE and never a prob after that, it was also causing a slight miss that was fixed

Dennis

well it would only be throwing the code if the check engine light was on right?? cause mines not on. does anyone have pic of the cannister in the back?? cause it looks like im missing a hose or something.